Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Credit cards CAN be your friend!

Credit Cards CAN be Your Friend
- from www.cheapskates.com.au

I use my credit card for the benefits only and it costs me $0 !!! I've been in credit card debt in the past, paid off my debt and I am NOT going back there. Instead, I get as much as I can from my credit card company - just as much as they try to get what ever they can from their customers!
How? I use a GO Mastercard - it costs $3.95 per month if there is a balance - or for me costs $0 as I clear the balance as soon as I make a purchase.
I only use my card to earn points, therefore I do not buy anything I can't afford. I pay the money straight back onto my card - which means my monthly fee is $0. No annual, card or additional card fees.
I then use my points to help me with Christmas and birthday shopping.
My points allow me to buy gift vouchers, books, toys - anything really, there is heaps to choose from and using points that have cost me NOTHING saves me a fortune at this time of year. Being November, this may not help for this Christmas HOWEVER if you start buying this years Christmas presents on credit card - think of all the FREE gifts for next Christmas!

Contributed by Renee, Oxenford

There are 7,921 other great money, time and energy saving tips in the Tip Store: http://www.cheapskates.com.au/pages/default.cfm?page_id=37936

No comments:

Post a Comment